LAWRENCE E. KERN
“Founder of Kern, Noda, Devine & Segal”
Lawrence E. Kern represented Yellow Cab Cooperative, Inc. from 1978 to the present.
He had the opportunity to try well over 100 Superior Court jury cases throughout the State of California
and he has been a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) for over 35 years,
when the organization had less than 400 members.
Mr. Kern’s presentation on jury selection include:
1. Hastings College of Advocacy “Jury Selection (Voir Dire)”
2. University of California – Intensive Advocacy Program, Lecturer – Voir Dire
3. California Trial Lawyers Association “Jury Selection” Seminar (San Luis Obispo)
4. Association of Defense Counsel-Panelist, Jury Selection and Voir Dire
5. American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA MASTERS IN TRIAL), Voir Dire
He has also been appointed as a pro tem judge over the years for San Francisco Superior
Court jury trials, and is a panelist for the Kaiser Permanente Medical Malpractice Arbitrations.
Some of the legal organizations and memberships include:
1. American Board of Trial Advocates
2. Northern California’s Super Lawyers
3. Best Lawyers in America.
KERN, NODA, DEVINE & SEGAL
Kern, Noda, Devine & Segal is an AV rated law firm concentrating in General
Civil Litigation, Insurance Defense, Commercial Litigation, Construction
Defect Defense, Habitability, Appellate Practice, Professional Malpractice
Defense, and Personal Injury Cases.
Since 1974, the firm has had a focus in the defense of personal injury litigation and a
variety of general defense litigation while also selectively representing individual
clients in pursuit of personal injury claims. Three of the attorneys on the
Kern, Noda, Devine & Segal team are members of the American Board of Trial
The firm enjoys and is dedicated to an excellent reputation for providing the
highest quality legal services from early evaluation of potential exposure, excellent
trial results, and successful appellate practice.